KS4 Business Studies
Business Studies is an exciting course and very popular with students at GCSE and A Level. The Business Studies Department is made up of subject specialists who are very passionate about teaching the subject and each tutor has a wealth of experience working in Business. Students are supported throughout the course whether it be GCSE or A level. Outside of normal lessons, tutors offer drop in sessions to provide tailored support to individual students.
Year 10 and 11 - Curriculum Information
Business Studies at GCSE offers our students a full curriculum of Business Studies theory, linked with current case studies and relevant application throughout. The exam board for GCSE Business is Edexcel. Students who opt to take Business Studies will undertake one piece of controlled assessment worth 25% of their overall grade. The other 75% of the course is made up of two individual exams which are Introduction to small Business and Business Communications. Topics studied on the course include:
- Business Aims & Objectives
- Business Ownership
- Finance - Human Resources
To enrich the course students will take part in enterprise days, mini projects such as young enterprise, tenner tycoon and the Coca Cola challenge. A department trip to support coursework is run at some point over the two years. Local entrepreneurs are invited into school to talk to students direct about their own business experiences and how they first started their own business.
Key Stage 4 - How parents/carers can support their child
Parents/carers can support their child by keeping up to date with where their child is up to on the course, using the course syllabus that is provided to everyone on the course.
External links are carefully selected, however Audenshaw School is not responsible for the content of external websites.