Fun in the Sun for the Y4 students at Russell Scott enjoying their athletics lesson with Mr Rose
My child has a Statement of educational needs or EHCP, will we still have annual reviews?
Yes, your new educational health care plan will be:
- conducted by the SENCo;
- before the review date, parents/carers and external agencies (where involved) will be invited to the meeting. Parents/carers will be invited to send their views into school prior to the meeting;
- external agencies will be asked to submit their most up to date reports if these have not already been received by the school;
- prior to the meeting date, a standardised sheet for collecting information from teachers will be circulated;
- prior to the meeting date the student will be asked to provide their views;
- at the meeting all documentation will be reviewed with the parent/carer and student. This will include targets on the IEP, external agency reports, teacher comments, Learning Support Assistant comments, parent/carer comments and the student's own views;
- the meeting will be minuted and copies sent to all parties.