Fun in the Sun for the Y4 students at Russell Scott enjoying their athletics lesson with Mr Rose
KS5 Business Studies
Sixth Form (KS5) Business Studies
Examination Board: AQA
A Level Business Studies is an extremely popular subject at Audenshaw School. The subject consists of learning about a number of key topics such as Marketing, Finance, Operations and Human Resources. Students will be encouraged to create presentations and to work independently, researching the local business news and media to encourage them to evaluate business decisions.
All students develop analytical skills that can help them at University and beyond. Our success rate at A Level has been fantastic, with 100% pass rate for this subject, and our students going on to study at some of the best Universities in the country. All members of the department are passionate and enthusiastic Business specialists, who are dedicated to raising standards of achievement for all of the students who study Business Studies at Audenshaw.
Students of this course will study business in a variety of contexts (eg large/small, UK focused/ global, service/manufacturing) and consider:
• The importance of the context of business in relation to decision making
• The interrelated nature of business activities and how they affect competitiveness
• The competitive environment and the markets in which businesses operate
• The influences on functional decisions and plans including ethical and environmental issues
• The factors that might determine whether a decision is successful eg the quality of data and the degree of uncertainty
• How technology is changing the way decisions are made and how businesses operate and compete
• The impact on stakeholders of functional decisions and their response to such decisions
• Use of non-quantitative and quantitative data in decision making
Students will sit 3 exams at the end of year 13 which will include a variety of assessment techniques including multiple choice questions, data response and case study type questions.